Estate planning is for everyone at all life stages. You don’t have to be rich or a senior to plan for your family’s future. Regardless of where you are in life, a good estate plan can protect your loved ones and save money and time.
Too often, even when we know what we should do, it can be hard to take action. This is especially true when it comes to planning for the future of ourselves and our families. Asking the questions about who will make decisions about our care if we become ill or what will happen with our personal property and business if we are no longer here can be difficult and emotional. For some, it seems overwhelming, while others may assume the answers are clear. The truth is that the future is uncertain, but we offer ourselves and our families the best chance at stability and success if we consider and plan for the possibilities today.
At Law Office of Nancy L Roberts PLLC firm, attorney Nancy Roberts dedicates her practice to estate planning for Carolina families. With compassion and attention to detail, Nancy works with individuals and families to create and execute personalized estate plans that help meet their unique goals. Whether you are contemplating your own future or you are faced with the sudden needs of a loved one, the legal team at Law Office of Nancy L Roberts PLLC can help.
How Can an Estate Plan Help My Family?
- Save time and money. The probate process can be expensive and time-consuming, wasting valuable resources and exhausting already stressed family members.
- Plan for incapacity. Who will make decisions for you if you become incapacitated? Without the appropriate documents in place, your family will have to sue you to have you declared incompetent so a guardian can be appointed. The decision will then be made by a probate court judge in South Carolina or the Clerk of Court in North Carolina. Don’t leave these important decisions to a stranger to decide. Plan now for incapacity.
- Ensure your wishes are fulfilled. Even if you trust your loved ones and have faith in their decision making if something happens to you, they will be stressed and things will be difficult enough. Don't put additional burdens on them by leaving difficult medical and financial decisions up to them. In times of loss, they may not make the choices that you prefer when the moment arrives. Preparing a plan today sets a course of action that will lift the burden from your family of trying to figure out what you would have done and helps ensure you achieve your goals and leave a lasting legacy.
- Diminish the fear of the unknown. Considering the future is stressful. There are so many unknowns and uncertainties. You and your family need a clear plan that is easy to follow. While Nancy and her legal team cannot predict the future, they can help you plan and prepare for a variety of eventualities so you and your family can have peace of mind.
Estate Planning Matters Our Charlotte Attorney Handles
One important aspect of estate planning includes drafting the documents that direct your loved ones on how to handle your estate when you are no longer able. There are many different types of situations that can arise, and Nancy Roberts can help address your unique circumstances by creating a plan that meets your specific needs through:
- Guardianship documents for minor children
- Living wills
- Healthcare powers of attorney
- Financial powers of attorney
- Business planning, such as the creation of limited liability companies
Even if you are not sure if you need any of these documents, don’t hesitate to reach out to Nancy Roberts and the legal team at Law Office of Nancy L Roberts PLLC. Estates of all shapes and sizes will benefit from a legal plan. Nancy can help you examine your complete personal and financial picture to determine your needs today and into the future.
What to Expect From Our North Carolina Estate Planning Legal Team
When you make that first call to Law Office of Nancy L Roberts PLLC, you will speak with a member of our team who will gather some basic information and schedule a consultation with Nancy Roberts. Nancy’s main priority is to help families devise a comprehensive plan to cover any situation in a way that meets your individual goals. You can expect:
- Prompt, personal attention – Nancy Roberts and her team will get to work quickly to schedule a consultation and learn more about your situation. With compassion and thoughtful care, Nancy works hard to consider every option that could be beneficial to you and your family. She will take the time to talk to you, reviews your rights and options, and ensure that your plan is as effective as it can be.
- Comprehensive planning – Future planning involves your entire financial picture and your individual goals. Together, you and your legal team will examine your circumstances and find the best way to accomplish those goals.
- Ongoing reviews – Every estate planning client has the option to schedule a yearly review to make sure their plan still meets their unique needs. As life changes, so should your estate plan to ensure your family’s security and success.
If you are facing immediate probate issues, Nancy Roberts and Law Office of Nancy L Roberts PLLC can help now. While it is best to shape a plan in advance, things happen. Nancy can help navigate the complex probate matters as they arise to try to minimize the frustration to you and your family.
Contact Our Charlotte Estate Planning and Probate Attorney Today
There is no better time to consider and plan for the future of your family. Call Nancy Roberts today to learn more about the estate planning services Law Office of Nancy L Roberts PLLC provides. Begin to shape your future with personalized and compassionate guidance. Call our Ballantyne office today, or take a moment to fill out the contact form on this page to schedule a consultation.